WHAT IS CERVICAL POLYP?
Cervical polyp is one of the commonest gynaecological problem and usually arises from the endocervix. It is smooth, red, soft and usually of tongue shaped. It varies from a few millimeter to several centimeters. It is probably formed by the hyperplasia of the endocervical mucosa.
Cervical polyp almost occur in young woman(after the start of menstruation). It is most common in pregnant woman. It is occur due to an increase the level of estrogen hormone.
Cervical polyps are usually benign; rarely cancerous.”HUMAN PAPILLOMA VIRUS”(HPV) are the cause of occur cervical cancer. It also occur GENITAL WARTS.
- Excessive bleeding during periods
- Excessive Vaginal discharge
- Intermenstrual bleeding
- Bleeding after intercourse
- Sensation of something coming down from vagina(sometimes).
The causes are unknown. But they are may be links to-
- Increase levels of estrogen(the female hormone)
- Chronic inflammation of the cervix, vagina and uterus.
- Obstructed blood vessels.
- Transvaginal sonography
- Saline infusion sonography
- Sound test
Polypectomy(removal of the polyp)